Re: no schedules til the day before ?

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
* Andreas Tille (tillea@rki.de) [050609 18:36]:
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
So this is no reason to not have a on-the-fly generated schedule.
do you have others?

I'm sorry I may have missed something really big, but why the hell would anyone WANT to have on-the-fly generated schedule in the first place? The whole idea of schedules is that you can plan your own activities beforehand so that you don't miss the really important stuff (from your personal perspective). From a speakers' perspective this sounds really bizarre, I'm not a speaker at debconf5 but have given a few in the past and I would have really hated it if I had not known the precise time of the presentation at least a week beforehand, preferably about four weeks.

regards, lauri