Re: no schedules til the day before ?

* Holger Levsen (debian@layer-acht.org) [050609 16:38]:
> Hi,
>
> the current plan is to produce the actual schedule of a specific debconf-day
> (not debcamp, not debianday) the day before that day. (For the bofs and the
> talks.)
>
> IMO this is unfortunate both for the speakers as well for lots of other
> people, because you cannot plan things/activities well in advance...  (For
> some this might not be a problem/issue at all).
>
> What do you think ?
>

> quoting http://www.debconf.org/debconf5/about/faq

in that qestion/answer it does not say "the day before" but only
that it would be done before. in that regard i find this mail a
bit agitating. i just checked the recent irc meeting and did not
find any mention of "the day before".

we are flexible regarding how far in advance it will be annouced.
I understand the 24 hours in advance is too little for some
speakers. Eventhough speakers should by no means start to prepare
only 24 hours before their talk, rather weeks. (c: