Re: DebConf twice a year was: DebConf-7 ;)

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Anand Kumria wrote:

It is probably time to promote the Debian mini-conf up to being a 'full
debconf', why not rename Debian mini-conf to Debian Sud.
While I consider it a good idea to have a "real" DebConf for those people
who would have to travel a large distance to reach the European-American
conference I would not consider it to be a good idea to stick to Australia.
I'd suggest to coordinate with mini-conf Asia.

Jon (Oxer) has been organising the Debian mini-conf singlehandedly for
the last 3 years, so I doubt it'd be much harder to extend it from 2
days to 5.
I'm not sure whether it is just the amount of time spent for a DebConf.
The organizing team will be more verbose on this topic.

Objections?
Not really. ;-)

Kind regards

         Andreas.