Re: questions about debconf accomodations

I hope someone can answer the questions I didn't know an answer to.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Blars Blarson wrote:

It appears we need to bring our own sheets, blankets, and pillows.
(Towels?)  If so what size are the beds?  (I guess US fitted sheets
wouldn't fit.)

(don't know if you have to or not) Usually normal beds are 80x200cm.

The laundry rules in Finnish don't do me much good.  Are they
coin-operated?  Do we need to bring our own soap?

The laundry should be free, or at least has been before at HUT campus.
Own soap is needed, but can of course be easily bought from a shop.

When do I need to get to HUT to get the evening meal?

There is at least one restaurant nearby, and otherwise you can eg. go by bus to Tapiola (5 min).

Is there convenient shopping for food and incidentals?

There are two shops in Otaniemi which are open daily (also on Sundays at summer time) about 9-21 or so. They probably have all the necessary stuff, even though they are not that big.

(earlier mail)
I'm more intersted in technology (including historic) and history than
architecture (althouth that can show intersting technology sometimes)
or art.

Museum of technology could be interesting, unfortunately I was not able to found anything in English. I'll translate something here:

http://www.tekniikanmuseo.fi/

Museum of Technology
Viikintie 1
00560 Helsinki

Open Tue-Sun 11-16

Transportation: Busses 68, 71, 73B from the railway station have a stop in front of the museum.

In case you have an address and would like to look it on the map, http://kartta.hel.fi/ is an excellent service (despite a few shortcomings in the UI). And http://aikataulut.ytv.fi/reittiopas/en/ will give you exact public transportation information.

-TJ

--
http://www.iki.fi/tjyrinki/