Re: DebConf-7 ;)

Junichi Uekawa dijo [Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 07:35:18AM +0900]:
> > There will always be people who live "on the other side of the world",
> > and travel will always be expensive for those. As long as debconf is
> > never in the same geographical area for two consecutive years, this is
> > not a problem.
>
> I have been evaluating the feasibility of having debconf in
> Japan, but I would need some input;
> how many people are prepared to pay full for the trip to Japan?
>
> To sponsor everybody coming from the other continents to come to Japan
> will cost a significant amount of money; and I don't want a debconf
> that only a few people come.

To my surprise, buying a ticket MEX-NRT-MEX for the exact same dates I
bought it to Helsinki would be almost US$1000 cheaper - And I always
wanted to go through the day-change line to Asia ;-) So... For one, I
would be interested.

Hell, it's almost as cheap as getting to South America!

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23