Re: DebConf-7 ;)

> I am _SO_ glad that, although there is a lot of competition for
> Debconf7, Debconf6 has settled in .mx! ;-)
>
> ...But anyway, given the panorama, Debconf7 will be in Europe... And
> probably Debconf8 will be in Asia, as there are not that many American
> (read: From Alaska to Patagonia) DDs pushing for hosting it.

Those of us who live in Argentina have been talking for a long while about
hosting Debconf8 here.  So that's it, the fight is for Debconf7, but we
want Debconf8 :)

Pros:
* It's cheap (almost as cheap as Brazil) to give food and hosting for
  everyone.
* There are lots of Debian contributors (and soon quite a bunch of DDs,
  too).
* It could be hosted in many nice places, not just the capital city
  (Usuhuia was mentioned, Bariloche, Iguazú, etc).

Cons:
* Travelling here might be expensive for those who live on the other side
  of the world. (Almost the same price as Brazil, I'd guess).

--
 Besos,
     Maggie.