Re: Mosquitos in Finland during summer

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian Perrier" <bubulle@debian.org>
To: <debconf5-event@lists.debconf.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:38 PM
Subject: Mosquitos in Finland during summer

To my knowledge, mosquitos are being quite rude in various places in
Scandinavia and especially Finland (they are also well know to be very
aggressive in so-called Baltic countries as well).

My own son has hard knowledge of them after two weeks spent near
Rovaniemi. He bringed back two quite interesting legs (OK, I know that
Rovaniemi is quite far from HEL...but HEL area has lakes too..:-))).

So, if that's the case, are there special recommendations for these or
am I just too deeply worrying?

Rude mosquitos can make your life very hard and I really cannot
imagine hacking (and sleeping, from time to time) seriously in July
with all my body covered with thick clothes...:-)

So, all of you living in the place, do you have any advice for us poor
white and thin skins?

--

Well, Tiger Balm is well known for being effective, as well as garlic. I won't comment on social aspects of it, though.

Seriously, I guess we're not exactly going into the deep woods of Scandinavia, so I hope the amount of mosquitos will be limited. I will bring my Tiger Balm, though.

-Karianne