Re: Fwd: Basic quote please: 300 people, Conference in 2016

also sprach Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> [2014-11-13 08:08 +0100]:
> ** TEA & COFFEE @ R10.00 PER PERSON*
> ** TEA, COFFEE & BISCUITS @ R17.50 PER PERSON*
> ** TEA, COFFEE & MUFFINS @ R20.00 PER PERSON*
> ** TEA, COFFEE, SCONES WITH JAM/CREAM & CHEESE @ R22.00 PER PERSON*
> ** TEA, COFFEE, CROISSANTS WITH CHEESE @ R25.00 PER PERSON*
> ** TEA, COFFEE & DANISHES @ R20.00 PER PERSON*
> ** FINGER LUNCH @ R80.00 PER PERSON*
> ** FORK LUNCH @ R110.00 PER PERSON*

I assume these are per-breakfast/-coffee break/-lunch. The prices
are very reasonable.

However, we have not really had coffee breaks as such at DebConf.
Rather, it was always "just there" and people went when they could.
This is for tea&coffee, obviously not as much for the meals.

I am not saying you can't have coffee breaks, it's just maybe not
something people will anticipate or take well. On the other hand,
maybe that's what DebConf attendees always wanted.

In any case, I would also try to see what deals could be cut with
the caterer about just being present all day and possibly selling
these things to attendees.

Random side-question: breakfast and dinner will be handled by whom?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

if a man in a forest speaks his mind freely
and there is no woman to hear it
is he still wrong?