Announcements for Saturday

== 2019-07-20 ==

Welcome to OpenDay, tomorrow is the start of DebConf \o/

=== Ad-Hoc Sessions Scheduling ===

Starting from Sunday, ad-hoc sessions will take place in rooms
A102/A103. In order to add a session for the next day, submit your
proposal at https://debconf19.debconf.org/talks/new/ and note the talk
id from the URL. Then, add your talk id and the title to your desired
time slot on the flip-chart at front desk. Submissions for the following
day will be closed around 7PM and submissions for the day afterwards
begin then. The submissions will show up in the schedule at
https://debconf19.debconf.org/schedule/ but feel free to also announce
your ad-hoc session on debconf-discuss and any other appropriate forum
for it. Please contact content@debconf.org in case of questions or
issues.

=== No  photos button  ===

If you don't want to be in any photos, please request the no photos
button at the front desk.

=== Diversity  button  ===

The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.
You can request a diversity button at the front desk.

===  Different Schedule for Lunch this Saturday 07/20 ===

Today (07/20)  the venue restaurant will close at  01:30 pm (13:30h ).

Remember the dinner today (07/20) will be at the hotel restaurant.

You can view the menu on
https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/19/CateringFood#Meal_times

=== On-site bursaries ===

We are planning to do some local payments to bursary recipients on-site
in BRL.

We're currently prioritising the following cases:

1. If you absolutely can't receive a bursary payment via SPI for some re
ason
2. If you are Brazilian and would have requested BRL anyway

If possible, we will do another run early next week for:

3. Anyone else who would prefer to be paid in BRL

If you fit into category 1 or 2 please email bursaries-admin@debconf.org
with:

* Your full name
* Amount being requested
* Copies of receipts (preferably in PDF format)

And they'll get back to you ASAP.

=== Content filtering at UTFPR ===

Some people noticed content filtering at the UTFPR wifi. We will try to
fix that on Monday, when the IT people are back. In the mean time, if
content filtering is bugging you please use a VPN or SSH tunnel (we did
get them to unblock the entire "proxy" category of applications,
including openvpn and friends).

=== Video Team Needs YOUR help ===

DebConf relies on volunteers to record and stream video. We cover all of
the scheduled content in the main 3 talk rooms, but this takes a lot of
people to make it happen.

If you're interested in helping, come to the video-conferencia room at
lunch time, and we'll show you what to do.
Also, if anyone wants to play with the video equipment, in a safe
environment, at the end of the day, all rooms will have video team ready
to help, for 15 minutes after the talks end.

If you've already done the training, please sign-up to volunteer for
shifts, at https://debconf19.debconf.org/volunteers/

- -DebConf19 Team