[Debconf-announce] Final schedule available

Hi everybody,

Debconf14 will be held in three weeks in Portland, OR, USA and we're happy to
announce that the schedule is already available. Of course, it is still
possible for some minor changes to happen!

DebConf will open on Saturday, August 23 with the Welcome talk followed by two
highlighted talks:

* Debian in the Dark Ages of Free Software[1] by Stefano Zacchiroli, former
Debian Project Leader. Stefano will speak about the achievements realized
by Free Software communities in the past years, and how now, despite the
visible success, this freedom is being threatened by the current
technology trends, and how can Debian help to preserve the so well
deserved freedom.

[1] https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/meeting/108/debian-in-the-dark-ages-of-free-software/

* Weapons of the Geek [2 ]by Biella Coleman, cultural anthropologist, who
researches, writes, and teaches on computer hackers and digital
activism will share with us part of her research, explaining how
online communities can have a big impact on world politics today.

[2] https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/meeting/122/weapons-of-the-geek/

There will also be also a plethora of social events, such as our
traditional cheese and wine party[3], our group photo[4] and our day trip.

[3] https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/meeting/34/cheese-and-wine-party/
[4] https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/meeting/36/group-photo/

The complete schedule can be found at:
https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/

DebConf talks will be broadcast live on the Internet when possible,
and videos of the talks will be published on the web along with the
presentation slides.