[Debconf-announce] DebConf 12 will be held in... Your country?

Hi all,

Every year, the location for DebConf, the annual international Debian
conference, is selected via a competitive bid process. Although we
haven't got to DebConf10 yet, organising a conference isn't quick, so
it's already time to start thinking about a location for DebConf12.

We encourage everyone to think about whether their city would make
good DebConf location, and, if it would, to start working on a
proposal. (You don't have to be heavily involved in Debian before
making a bid.) There will be a chance to present your proposed
location at DebConf10 in New York in July and August, but don't worry
if you can't be there -- proposals will be accepted until the end of
the year, and a final decision will be made early in 2011.

Interested? For more information see
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12

Join us on #debconf-team on irc.debian.org to let us know what you're
working on. We'll be glad to answer any questions you have about
organising DebConf or about the process for choosing the location.

Thanks, and see you at DebConf10 in New York!

~~ The DebConf team

[1] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20090528.162709.c0442437.en.html

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244