[Debconf-announce] Last Mail before DC6

Dear DebConf6 participants

DebConf6 is comming closer and this will be our final mail, hopefully
providing you with every piece of information you might still be
needing.  (This means read it until the end!)

*Getting to Oaxtepec*

As most of you probably know already, we've set up a wiki page [1] that
gives detailed information on how to get to Oaxtepec from the airport.
Please notice, that we cannot pick you up at the airport.  But there are
numerous other possibilities, such as busses or taxis.  Information
about them, travel fares etc. are all listed on the site. There is also
the possibiliy to share a taxi with other people arriving at about the
same time. See this wiki page [2] for coordination. You can also check
comas to find out who will be arriving on the same day as you do.

If you are unsure whether you have sponsored accomodation you can check
that also on your comas page. If you do not have a sponsored
accomodation and haven't made any arrangements yet please contact
Marcela Tiznado (mtiznado@linux.org.ar).

*What you (don't) need to bring*

The Oaxtepec vacational centre is a regular hotel, so you can expect
everything you'd expect from any other hotel. You do not need to bring
sleeping bags or bed covers, towels, silver ware, stoves, machetes,
tiger traps or anything of the kind. Also there is a medical service
only a few hundred meters away, so no need to bring extra
pharmaceuticals.

Things that you *should* bring include power bars (the electricity ones,
not the food ones), power plug adapters (for A-plugs, see [3]), your
passport, travel tickets, notebook, camera etc. Also the venue is
actually bigger than we had anticipated so if you have any spare PoE
switches or wireless access points please get in contact with
debconf-infrastructure@lists.debconf.org.  If you do receive travel
sponsorship please also remember to bring all the requested documents
(copies of receipts, tickets, your passport etc. see also in the last
mail you got from the DebConf sponsorship committee).

*The network setup*

The most important thing first, we do have a DHCP server running,
including a failover. So, please, DO NOT RUN A DHCP SERVER OF YOUR OWN.
This will confuse and most certainly break the network. A broken network
makes many people very mad, so make sure to check beforehand and switch
if off.

We will also provide an up to date debian mirror, to which all requests
will be redirected (mainly to save bandwidth since we're doing the live
video stream over the same link). If you do need to access another
mirror edit your etc/hosts or use another dns, but please don't do so
for normal apt-get!

Accounts on any of the work machines in Oaxtepec are given on request.
If you need one, please mail your your gpg keyid to joerg@debconf.org.

Please use secure protocols! We will be running a password sniffer and
announce the usernames (not passwords) of people using plain
authentication. Use https, ssh, tls, imaps etc. We will let those
untouched, but please be aware that we do sniff cleartext passwords!

There will be an official DebConf irc channel, #debconf, provided both
on freenode and oftc. It will also feature a bot announcing beginning
talks and the like.

Again, we do have slightly limited bandwidth (10MBit) this year. 2 MBit
will at peak times be reserved for the strems so please be
"bandwidth-conscious" do not do any huge downloads, use local mirrors
for syncs, installs etc. We'll keep it up to date, promised!

*Other important info*

Breakfast ist available between 8am and lunch. Please keep in mind that
you'll have to pay breakfast yourself. Lunch is served from 14:00 to
15:00, dinner from from 20:00 to 21:30. If you wish to buy and store
your own food, every room also has a refrigerator.

Waiter expect (and rely on) a 10% tip.

We will have an external laundry service, which picks up and delivers
our laundry for 11 MXN per kg. You can use this service independently of
your housing choice.

There is an ATM (cash machine) in the "Farmapronto" shop right in
Oaxtepec, it's about a 2 min walk from the reception. It takes credit
cards, EC cards and all other regular cards.

In the plane you need to fill in the address of the place you will stay
at. The address of the venue (and the hotels on it) is:

      Centro Vacacional IMSS oaxtepec
      Autopista Mexico-Cuautla km 27+200
      Centro
      62738 Oaxtepec, Morelos, Mexico