Re: BD-R burn errors

Hi,

> > The workaround has to be applied to the unused BD-R _before_
> > K3b resp. growisofs get to see it.
> These were unused (brand new) media I attempted to format.

Strange. In order to get to the bug, growisofs must have succeeded
with formatting. Why did dvd+rw-format not work ?

I would be curious to see the message output of such an attempt.

Whatever: The other possible workaround (except building a fixed
growisofs from source), would be to talk K3b into using growisofs
option
  -use-the-force-luke=spare:none
In that case, the BD-R would stay unformatted and the final command
would be appropriate. I.e. it should succeed and growisofs should
end happily.