BD-R burn errors

Hello,
My drive setup is returning an error on all BD-R media just at the very end of the burn. Perhaps 20 MByte or less from end. No errors are reported in the log file to indicate possible problem. Is this an anomaly with growisofs? The media appears to be mountable and usable like the burn completed normally.

I have burned a single layer DVD+R and several BD-RE disks on this system without any errors. The failure has been on (4) BD-R attempts. File systems are about 16 ~ 20 GBytes in size. I attempted slower speed setting of 2X like used on the BD-RE but failure still occurred.

System description is Ubuntu Linux12.04LTS with KDE desktop using K3b. Any assistance is appreciated. Since the error is at the end of the burn the entire process terminates and stops the verify option from running.

Thank you,
James