USB Port speeds

Hello All,

I have uBuntu systems and running 3.2 kernel. I also use K3B software version 2.0.2. The DVD drive I am using is Pioneer BDR-208D in a USB 2.0 enclosure.

When I burn a DVD+R I can get 14222 KB/s throughput rates and a DVD burns and verifies OK. When I burn a BD-RE at 2x speed it takes forever and forever with a throughput speed of 2224 KB/s!! The software percentage stays at 100% solid the whole time. The drive buffer fluctuates greatly. It appears the data is not going through the USB port fast enough. However, it is exactly the same hardware as used to burn the DVD without any changes except the media.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to how to get the performance to be at least as good as the DVD on the BD-RE medium?

Thanks,
James