Re: what difference xorriso is it going to make on the user interface?

Joerg Schilling wrote:
"Thomas Schmitt"<scdbackup@gmx.net>  wrote:
As we are at it, mkisofs can produce HFS images and simple UDF,
which xorriso cannot.
I am planning to remove HFS support in the future as it seems to be unlikely
tha there is a noticable number of Mac OS 9 users left over today.

As noted below others are using it. I assume that the effort of maintaining the capability is low (zero?) and making an effort to remove a feature which is being used takes your time and gives one more thing
for someone to complain about.
Note that mkisofs of cource supports much more than simple UDF. While
"genisoimage" is dead since it has been begun and stays as the feature set from
September 2004, mkisofs has seen many enhancements - in special for UDF.

There are e.g. Apple specific UDF enhancements.....

HFS is needed for production of bootable Debian images for PowerPC.
(They still have to use genisoimage for that.)
Here i lack entirely of specs and would have to explore open source code.
If they use this, they are doing it wrong.
That is possible, but it's being usefully employed, and it's their distribution.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
  It seemed like a good idea at the time