Re: growisofs fail to burn second session: why and how to solve?

--On \u661f\u671f\u516d, \u5341\u6708 23, 2010 09\u65f636\u520607\u79d2 +0800 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:

I had tried growisofs first, before using wodim, and end up with an
erorr message

This is what I tried and the error message I got, before I try wodim instead, as descrbied in the original post.

yuliansu@Andalusia:/tmp$ growisofs -v -Z /dev/sr2=/var/tmp/DVD+R/1st_session.iso -speed 1
growisofs: no genisoimage options are permitted with =, aborting...
yuliansu@Andalusia:/tmp$ growisofs -speed 1 -v -Z /dev/sr2=/var/tmp/DVD+R/1st_session.iso
growisofs: no genisoimage options are permitted with =, aborting...

The strangest thing is, today I keep try the command a few times, and at about fifth time, it worked:

yuliansu@Andalusia:/tmp$ growisofs -Z /dev/sr2=/var/tmp/DVD+R/1st_session.iso Executing 'builtin_dd if=/var/tmp/DVD+R/1st_session.iso of=/dev/sr2 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/sr2: "Current Write Speed" is 4.1x1352KBps.

So hard to explain: if you try hard, the command will work. IN fact, I am so surprised to see it working that I thought something must be wrong, in the short instant I pressed Ctrl+C. Result: another DVD+R DL that has to be written of.

uliansu@Andalusia:/tmp$ growisofs -Z /dev/sr0=/var/tmp/DVD+R/1st_session.iso Executing 'builtin_dd if=/var/tmp/DVD+R/1st_session.iso of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/sr0: "Current Write Speed" is 4.1x1352KBps.
^C          0/1515661312 ( 0.0%) @0x, remaining ??:?? RBU 100.0% UBU   0.0%
         0/1515661312 ( 0.0%) @0x, remaining ??:?? RBU 100.0% UBU   0.0%
         0/1515661312 ( 0.0%) @0x, remaining ??:?? RBU 100.0% UBU   0.0%
         0/1515661312 ( 0.0%) @0x, remaining ??:?? RBU 100.0% UBU   0.0%