Re: Blu-ray (BD-RE) dual-layer: anyone tried with cdrskin/cdrecord?

Hi,

> Has anyone tried using a dual layer BD-RE (50GB)?

Would be interesting to know, indeed.

> Do you know whether cdrskin or cdrecord can write to them? (looking at the
> manual pages I couldn't get an answer to this question).

According to MMC-5 the 50 GB double layer media
have the same profile code as the 25 GB single
layer ones. It seems that they do not differ much
from the view of the burn program.

> Prices for dual layer BD-REs are about 25 euros

That's the reason why i did not test myself yet.

If you make such a test with cdrskin or xorriso
and if there appear obstacles, then i would
invest some effort to get it to work.
For now i would rather expect plain success
... if the burner drive is ok with the media.
(My experiences with DVD+R DL read quality are
 not overly positive. So i wonder how good it
 would be with BD-RE DL.)