Re: NO SEEK COMPLETE: Input/output error when burning DVD+R DL

Mark Ryden <markryde@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I failed to burn it with the
>

>  It could be that the media is not OK; I will try later
> today to burn with another media, as I don't have another media handy.
> running:
> ./cdrecord  -v -sao /setup/myiso.iso
> gave:
>
> Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a71 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyr
> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
> SCSI buffer size: 32768
> No target specified, trying to find one...
> Using dev=2,0,0.
> atapi: 1
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 5
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : 'Optiarc '
> Identifikation : 'DVD RW AD-7170A '
> Revision       : '1.02'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
> Current: DVD+R/DL
> Profile: DVD+R/DL (current)
> Profile: DVD+R
> Profile: DVD+RW
> Profile: DVD-R/DL layer jump recording
> Profile: DVD-R/DL sequential recording
> Profile: DVD-RW sequential recording
> Profile: DVD-RW restricted overwrite
> Profile: DVD-RAM
> Profile: DVD-R sequential recording
> Profile: DVD-ROM
> Profile: CD-RW
> Profile: CD-R
> Profile: CD-ROM
> Profile: Removable Disk
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-3 DVD+R driver (mmc_dvdplusr).
> Driver flags   : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
> Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
> Drive buf size : 1015808 = 992 KB
> ./cdrecord: Warning: Cannot read drive buffer.
> ./cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.
> FIFO size      : 4194304 = 4096 KB
> Track 01: data  6424 MB
> Total size:     6424 MB = 3289486 sectors
> Current Secsize: 2048
> Blocks total: 16580607 Blocks current: 16580607 Blocks remaining: 13291
> Starting to write CD/DVD/BD at speed 1 in real SAO mode for single sess
> Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts
> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
> ./cdrecord: Layer 0 zone capacity already set.
> ./cdrecord: Cannot open next track.
> Writing  time:    0.014s
> Average write speed 999.0x.
> Fixating...
> ./cdrecord: Input/output error. close track/session: scsi sendcmd: no e
> CDB:  5B 01 01 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 30 05 00 00

Thank you for the log, it seems that I need to find a way to abort
the process in this case without trying to close the session.

This media cannot be written to anymore except when you hack the writing
software and when you have an amount of data that matches the already set up
layer break.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)