be invited to try the new release 0.4.6 of my program
xorriso, a ISO 9660 Rock Ridge filesystem manipulator.
It creates, loads, manipulates and writes ISO 9660
filesystem images with Rock Ridge extensions. Optionally
it supports hard links, ACLs, xattr, and MD5 checksums.
xorriso can load the management information of existing
ISO images and it writes the session results to optical
media or to filesystem objects.
Vice versa xorriso is able to copy file objects from
ISO 9660 filesystems to disk.
A special property of xorriso is that it needs neither
an external ISO 9660 formatter program nor an external
burn program for CD, DVD or BD but rather incorporates
the libraries of libburnia-project.org .
* Bug fix: SIGSEGV from NULL pointer with option -toc
on drive LG GH22LS30.
* New options -dvd_obs and -stdio_sync allow to tune
output performance to DVD/BD drives and to disk files.
* New configure option --enable-dvd-obs-64k sets the
default to -dvd_obs 64k .
* New configure option --enable-track-src-odirect
uses open(O_DIRECT) with the track source of emulation
xorriso -as cdrecord.
Already fixed by patch releases of xorriso-0.4.4:
* Workaround for Pioneer DVR-216D which got stuck
on DVD-R burns.
* Workaround for Pioneer DVR-216D refusal to eject.
- Linux : kernel 2.4 or 2.6, libc, libpthread
- FreeBSD : libc, libpthread, ATAPI/CAM enabled, see atapicam(4)
- on other X/Open systems there will be no direct operation of
CD/DVD/BD drives, but only POSIX i/o which may or may not
be offered by the system for DVD-RAM, DVD+RW, or BD-RE.
libreadline + libreadline-dev
zlib + zlib-devel
on Linux: libacl + libacl-devel
If they were present at compile time, then the optional libraries have to
be present at runtime, too.
For more info, see http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/xorriso_eng.html
There is a xorriso release tarball (containing the application
and all three libburnia libraries needed):
scdbackup.sourceforge.net is mirrored at scdbackup.webframe.org .
xorriso is also part of the libisoburn release tarball:
libisoburn.so.1 and its xorriso need recent release
versions of libburn.so.4 and libisofs.so.6.
The xorriso standalone release does not depend on any
of these dynamic libraries.
Post bug reports or requests to one of these mailing lists:
or directly to me:
Have a nice day :)