Re: cdrecord: compiling failure on RHEL3 due to MKLINKS

Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:

> Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 01:58:15PM +0100, Giulio Orsero wrote:
> > > ==== System data
> > > OS: Linux 2.4.33 (RHEL3)
> > > cdrecord:  2.01.01a55
> > >
> > > ==== Problem
> > > compiling with
> > > 	$ make
> > > fails due to, I think, the way/order in which make (3.79.1) processes
> > > missing files.
>
> The problem is a result of a bug in gmake that make gmake ignore certain
> dependencies.

It may really be that gmake "only" processes thing in the wrong order.

It turns out that adding just one filename to to the rule any of the failing
makefiles in the complete Schily Source Consolidation

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily/

resulted in a complete compile jusing gmake-3.80.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)