Re: refresh options and the best GUI

> 2)      By writing a library, it ignores usual privilige rules
>        and thus makes portability impossible.
>
> In addition, mkisofs supports a lot more features than your code
> and it is not easy to replace mkisofs.

My friend,

you are more then welcome to join us under the libburnia umbrella.
I believe, as you will find if you join us, that we are more then collaborative
with everyone.

As I mentioned in my previous mail, Xfburn runs without suid root, and is based
on libburn. So that argument is flawed.

When it comes to portability, it is true that it currently cannot
match your cdrecord
software ... but porting libburn is a matter of few days work, so
please don't overemphasize
its importance. Iterative development FTW.

Mkisofs is battle-proven, and that's it most valuable feature, but has
tons of legacy code, and while libisofs & Xorriso don't support the
same feature set (yet) mostly due to my lack of time, you better not
put all your cards on the fact that it will stay like that for my
long.

Sincerely yours,
M.