Re: refresh options and the best GUI

Hi,

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> You could start by helping the attempts from Debian in preventing
> collaboration and preventing recent development results on Linux ;-)

I have no other influence on Debian or
other Linuxes than trying to be a good
upstream.

My opinions about cloning cdrecord and
parallel development are known.
My substantial alternative proposal is
cdrskin, a cdrecord emulator based on
libburn. Weaker on exotic CD, stronger
on DVD multi-session (up to growisofs
capabilities).

What i mean with "performance" is to make
use of contemporary hardware capabilities
and not to stick with the simplistic usage
model of mkisofs.

Well, some help could be needed for that.

GUI programmers could consider to use xorriso
as foundation of a ISO 9660 Rock Ridge file
manager. Drag in, drag out, delete, tune -
all very independent of the media type and
with no need to mount the filesystem (or
being superuser).
C API is sketched and will be extended as
demand arises.

Wealthy sponsors could send some BD-R media
for the freshly sponsored LG GGW-H20L in its
freshly sponsored SATA-to-USB box.
(Currently i have the same psychological
 problem as Matt Schulte: shall i touch this
 prescious one-time media in its shiny wrap ?)

Welcome would also be 2x BD-RE media other than
the freshly sponsored "RITEK/BW1" and "VERBAT/IM0".