Re: BD-R formatting help

Hi,

me:
> > "A SRM disc with POW shall be initialized by
> >  the formatting process as a single session disc with
> >  a single Logical Track."
Andy Polyakov:
> It only says how it should be *initially* formatted,
> but says nothing about that it shall stay that way for eternity.

Ahum. Sounds reasonable.

> But [as mentioned earlier] end of track
> does not necessarily coincides with end of recording, iso-formatted volume
> in this case.

So with a BD-R +POW with first ISO-session written
with 32 sector offset and LBA-0-patching one would
get a Table Of Content as follows:
- First ISO-session begins at LBA 32. I.e. PVD at 48.
  It is valid if another PVD is found at LBA 16 which
  indicates at least the size of the PVD at LBA 48.
- Further ISO-sessions begin at the start LBA of
  further tracks as reported by READ TRACK INFORMATION.

So other than with overwriteable media, no chained
hopping from ISO-session to ISO-session is needed.

Nevertheless it could probably be implemented by
skillfully guessing the start LBAs of the track from
the size of the previous ISO-session.
Just in case there are brain damaged drives.
(Tricky is that orphan LBAs will exactly bear
 what i look for: System Area and Volume Descriptors.
 But of the previous ISO-session, not of the next one.)