Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

Hi,

> I suspect that layer break is a (the?) cause here,

It is the natural suspect indeed.
But the traces do not really point to it.

> so I assumed that the break didn't happen
> by itself, even with a single large ISO image.

I have three DVD+R DL user reports so far:

Two say that burning DVD+R DL by cdrskin
works without error.
Gregoire reports about write errors with
growisofs (sets layer break) and cdrskin
(does not set it).

Both write errors occured clearly _after_
the middle address of the media and of the
pre-announced image size.
This is hardly to explain by layer break
problems.

The reported cdrecord error is not such
a write error. It happens in the middle of
the image. Looks very different than growisofs
or cdrskin.

> Is it intended that butning an 8.2GB image would "just work?"

I read the specs that way and i implemented it
in libburn that way. Now i need feedback.

The count is 2.5 : 0.5 so far. With the
half points not being fully decided yet:
Gregoire's cdrskin error happened 140 MB after
the middle of the media. But it was an error.

Regrettably i cannot buy DVD+R DL in
reasonably small amounts at reasonable prices.
So interested users will have to put at stake
own media, unless a sponsor sends me some. :))

> I was able to avoid this behavior with manual
> layer break.

How strong is the statistical base with that
observation ?
How many failures without manual layer break
and how many successes with it ?