Re: More Dual-Layer burning oddities

Andy Polyakov wrote:
> So it sounds like your unit failed to record data at out-most edge? If it's
> really does not depend on media, then I'd say that your unit is
> deteriorating and you should consider replacing it...

That could be, of course...  I burn DL media so infrequently that I
really can't eliminate media as a possible factor.  The media's still
expensive enough that I tend to avoid it if possible.  I'll wait until
I've had a chance to get another batch of different media, but I'll
certainly consider replacing the drive if I'm still having difficulty
then.

> 'Layer jump' is DVD-R/DL recording mode and it's not supported by growisofs
> for reasons discussed at http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/-RW/.

Ah, interesting, thanks for the link, and for the other info.

-CJ

--
WOW: Flemmy            |   "Happiness isn't good enough for me!  I
pez@apocalyptech.com   |              demand euphoria!"