Re: Low burning speed

Hi,

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> There is no need to check, cdrecord has no such problems ;-)

The check shall confirm that.
I had numerous occasions when it seemed that a
drive-media problem was related to particular
programs, but finally it turned out that this
impression was caused by lucky (or unlucky)
incidents.

The current problem nevertheless seems to be
heavily influenced by the other activities on
Tomasz' computer.
So it may well be about the burn programs and/or
their way to communicate with the operating
system.

Nevertheless, it is important to make sure that
the stated facts are really sustainable.
One can waste a lot of time by looking for
differences which do not really exist.

The check with cdrecord is only half of the
experiment proposal. The other half is to bring
growisofs nearer to the situation which is
normally given with cdrecord. I.e. the fact that
cdrecord is recommended to be used setuid root.