Re: Blanking/Formating a BD-RE

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Arnold Maderthaner <arnold.maderthaner@j4care.com> wrote:

If someone can provide me some tool or instructions how to do it I
could try it on another PC with BD-RE drive.
Jörg did you have any progress with the BD-RE integration in cdrecord ?

Last weekend, I have been at Linuxtage in Chemnitz and next week I am at CeBIT.

I hopw to be able to continue at March 15th.

Anything interesting at Linuxtage? Related to the list topic, I mean?
And off-topic, I see the lighttpd folks were talking about Solaris,
another of your interests.

There was "only" OpenOffice with a booth...

Chemnitz is more community oriented than commercial, this is why it is alway
interesting to talk to people.

One intersting news for Linux might be that it should be possible to run
cdrecord root-less on newer Linux kernels in the close future.

By using capabilities or improved filtration of commands? Or something else I don't think of in a moment. Good in any case. I haven't found that SElinux made any additional problems, but BD has been out of my price range still.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still