Re: changing book-type on dvd burn?

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:

I like the firmware better, but it depends on your method of *creating* the ISO images. non-bootable images are a more common problem than book type.
any suggestions on how to make sure I'm creating a bootable image - the providers claim they are (I've now downloaded three different ISO images that purport to be bootable - a SUSE LiveDCD, an xploraknoppix LiveDVD, and a Solaris LiveDVD)

First try to write a (checked) bootable CD image to a DVD.

If this succeeds, then either the other images are defective or
the boot prom has problems with booting from higher block addresses
and the image was created with the wrong options.

I updated the firmware on the DVD drive and all is now working. (pulled the drive, stuck it in my kids' windows box, ran the updater)

Thanks!

Miles