Re: Using dd to verify a dvd and avoid the readahead bug.

On 10/2/07, j t <mark473@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I still get read errors around near the end of the dvd:
> # dd if=/dev/hdc bs=2048 count=2002922 | md5sum
> dd: reading `/dev/hdc': Input/output error
> 1938744+0 records in
> 1938744+0 records out
>
> Could someone please tell me:
> 1) Is this the dreaded readahead bug again?
> 2) Can I use dd to verify my burns and avoid the readahead bug?
> 3) If not, how can I verify my dvd burn?

I think it's a media problem - I've tried again with more discs (both
the same type and also from a different spindle/manufacturer) and the
problems have gone away - I can now verify the burnt disc successfully
using both "dd" and "readom".

Jaime