be invited to try the new version 0.3.8 of my program cdrskin,
a burn backend for CD and DVD.
It marks the first anniversary of the revived development of libburn.
Linux with kernel 2.4 or 2.6.
* Now able to cope with the peculiarities of Linux 2.4 USB
* Refusal to perform -dummy runs on media which cannot simulate burning
* New option modesty_on_drive= may help with hda -> hdb burns
* New option minbuf= , cdrecord compatible frontend of modesty_on_drive=
* New option --adjust_speed_to_drive
* Precautions against using the burner drive as track source
For more info, see http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_eng.html
cdrskin is part of the libburn-0.3.8 SVN tag:
(needs autotools >= 1.7 to apply command ./bootstrap)
cdrskin is part of the libburn-0.3.8 release tarball:
(needs only vanilla tools for ./configure ; make)
There are also a cdrskin release tarball (containing libburn):
and single binaries in tar wrappers:
The latter is supposed to run on most systems with kernel 2.4 or 2.6.
scdbackup.sourceforge.net is mirrored at scdbackup.webframe.org .
Post bug reports or requests
either to the libburnia ticket system:
or to one of these mailing lists:
or directly to me:
Have a nice day :)