Re: Oddness piping mkisofs into recent cdrecord versions

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> > DVDs do not support TAO
> >
> Yes, I didn't make it clear that even with a CD it doesn't work on this
> particular burner. Clarification noted.

I cannot see that you have problems with writing CDs in TAO.
If you did have problems, I am sure you did send a report....

> I did try using packet mode with cdrecord. Even though PACKET is listed
> as supported by the drive, and -packet is a documented option, it
> doesn't seem to work. I don't know if the -dvd-compat mode streams,
> there was a discussion of what it did, but I don't remember the details.
> Compatibility may only be an issue with multimedia destined for DVD
> players, I certainly don't do that, but I make a LOT of backups.

There is no -dvd-compat option.

> Now I have to go try mounting an individual session to see how good that
> fake it.
> > You _need_ to run mkisofs twice in case you do not create an intermediate file.
> >
> The man page mentions using -isosize, but it seems that only works for a

Correct: the first run is with -isosize, the secone one without.

> fully created image. That's a minor problem for 4.7GB, a larger one for
> 8.5GB, and when Blu-Ray comes down a bit in media price 50GB will be
> unavailable n most systems being backed up.

???

I see no difference regardless of the FS size.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)