Re: cdrecord-2.01.01a21 refuses work on Linux 2.4 if non-ide-scsi DVD-ROM is present

Hi,

> > '/dev/hda'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
> This looks to be impossible: If you run cdrecord with the apropriate rights
> (root) you should be able to open /dev/hda.

I was root. Via su login, not via setuid.

Blame it on SuSE library configurations.
After all, the binary built on the local system did work.

> dev=ATAPI != dev=ATA

Evidential :))

Actually what bothers me is the refusal on my 2.4 kernel
with the /dev/hdg DVD-ROM. I found no trick to get it
over that "Read-only file system. Cannot open '/dev/hdg'."
Both burners stay unreachable for cdrecord-2.01.01a21 .