Re: Philips DVD8801 or other Drive work wrong

Hi,

>  crash with ide-scsi hda [...] ack=08h [...] ACK=07h [...]
> Which drive can I use to work correctly ????

Well, the error description is a bit sparse.
The fact that two different drives fail is not
very encouraging in respect to further drives.
Did you really run the Liteons successfully with
the same cable at the same IDE controller ?

On a SuSE 2.4.21 kernel with ide-scsi i use
 LG GSA-4082B (2 years old)
 NEC ND-4570A (1 month old)
The LG fails with most DVD-RW brands but elsewise
everything works well with growisofs.