Re: cdrecord: problem in auto-formatting blank DVD+RW

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:48:46 +0100, Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de
(Joerg Schilling) wrote:

>Please send a -v -atip output for a maiden medium that cdrecord does not
>detect as maiden.
All my tests have been done on a bunch of Dell OptiPlex using the DVD-+RW
that came from the factory, now they have all been shipped and so I'll do
the tests when I get a new batch.

However, you are right, I tested with some LG burners (both IDE and USB) and
with these cdrecord says that format is needed and automatically formats the
DVD+RW.

>But please first upgrade cdrecord. There have been some enhancements
>a few weeks before.
I see that the latest cdrecord (2.01.01a19) adds whether the DVD+RW media is
formatted or not at the end of the -atip output, this is one thing I was
looking for.

Thanks
--
giulioo@pobox.com