Re: i/o error dvd+rw-tools

"Charles Mire" <charles.mire@gmail.com> wrote:

> linux1:~ # growisofs -Z /dev/hdc=/home/cmire/linux_isos/kubuntu-
> 6.06.1-dvd-i386.iso
> Executing 'builtin_dd
> if=/home/cmire/linux_isos/kubuntu-6.06.1-dvd-i386.isoof=/dev/hdc
> obs=32k seek=0'
> :-[ PERFORM OPC failed with SK=3h/ASC=73h/ACQ=03h]: Input/output error

If you did use cdrecord, you would get a readable error message ;-)

> Also, I do know SuSE is using a customized variant of cdrecord, but I don't
> think that specifically is causing the problem here.  The BTC drive burns
> cd-r's fine.

today, you cannot trust most Linux distributions anymore as many of them
spread the broken Debian speudo fork.....

If you like to get a working cdrecord, you need to feth it yourself and
compile it as people did 10 years ago.

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

Forward and welcome to the past....

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)