Re: cdrtools-2.01.01a09 released

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Today, I happily announce new features and the release of the DVD-code
into the OpenSource.

Thank you, I believe a lot of people have been hoping for this.

> After long discussions with various people on
OpenSource Licenses and their effects on interproject usage and the effect on the authors themselves, I contacted the authors of included parts in this software suite and got, in most cases their support and grant on selecting the CDDL as the new license.

AFAIK the CDDL is not (yet) considered to be DFSG-free, although the parties claiming it not to be fail to point out a specific, clearly non-free clause in the license.

Did you decide on it because you assume the license to be DFSG-free and expect the Debian developers to come around to that viewpoint in the near future, or are the DFSG irrelevant for your decision?