Re: Burning Double Layer DVD's fails

Bernard,

Thanks for taking the time to post your note about Dual-Layer burining
and the -dvd-compat switch.

I'm experiencing the same problem with kernel 2.4.31, growisofs 5.21,
and a Sony DRU-720A.   I tried several different brands of media but
they all reported the "SEND DVD+R DOUBLE LAYER RECORDING INFORMATION
failed with SK=6h/ASC=28h/ACQ=00h]: No medium found error" when the
-dvd-compat switch is used.

Removing the -dvd-compat option allowed the burn to complete, as did
the suggested kernel patch (change IOCTL_TIMEOUT in
drivers/scsi/sr_ioctl.c from 30 to 60 seconds.)

Thanks again!
--
Peter Fales
Peter "at" fales-lorenz.net