CLOSE SESSION failed on DVD+R only

Hi,

> When trying to write a DVD with growisofs it always fails when trying
> to close a DVD+R with
>      /dev/dvd: closing session
>      :-[ CLOSE SESSION failed with SK=2h/ASC=04h/ACQ=07h]: Resource
> temporarily unavailable
> What's going wrong

According to
  http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/keys.txt
this means
  2  04  07       LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, OPERATION IN PROGRESS

One may speculate about the reason. My favorite imagination is
that the burner was not done with the previous command when the
next one arrived from growisofs (... or gremlins or ...)

> and what can I do to solve the problem?

Try some other media. Best from a completely different
manufacturer. This often works wonders.

The manufacturer and media version of your current
media should be reveiled by :
  dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/dvd | fgrep 'Media ID'
like
  Media ID:              MCC/002
google says that MCC would be Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
Don't ask me how to conclude the manufacturer from the
marketing brands. Buy and try.

It's frustrating to put aside a nearly full spindle of
media. Don't trash them. Find somebody with a different
burner or software to swap with.

Oh ... just in case Joerg is on weekend ... did you try
cdrecord-ProDVD plus mkisofs ? Is it an option for you ?
( ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD )