CLOSE SESSION failed with SK=2h/ASC=04h/ACQ=07h

Hi all!

Sorry for the long To: field, but I thought (at least some of) you
might be interested in the following report.

Earlier today I got the error from the subject while burning a DVD+R
image with growisofs from the Debian unstable current version
(5.21.4.10.8-1). The DVD device is PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 (1.40).  I
tried again on the DVD+RW media, to see if it was accidental, but it
wasn't, burning failed again with the same error. Then I went
googling...

Two things:

1) After applying the patch from http://gergo.risko.hu/growisofs.patch
everything worked flawlessly! I've successfully burned the DVD+RW,
without errors. If it's at all possible, please include this patch in
the next version of dvd+rw-tools (or at least the Debian packages, as
that's what I'm using :)) Should I file a bug report for Debian, or is
this mail report enough?

2) If others have encountered same trouble (seems so looking at the
list archives) DON'T THROW AWAY the DVD you think you have just
destroyed! Looking at the patch, it seemed to me that DVD needed just
to be finalized (lead-out written), and that's exactly what I tried to
do. To my utmost happiness, it worked! I used cdrecord-prodvd utility
with only the -fix option. Few seconds later, the DVD was readable,
indeed. I don't know a way to do it with growisofs.

That's about it.

I would like to thank you all for the great tool, great small patch to
make it work around problems with strange devices and, of course, for
maintaining it for the greatest Linux distribution in the world! And
thank you for reading this all. :)

Regards,
--
Zlatko