Re: [Cdrecord-support] cdrecord doesn't appear to support high speed media (4x-12x)

Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD@insightbb.com> wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE and I have a Toshiba SD-R5002 (DVD-RW)
> but I'm using it to create a CD.  High speed media, i.e., Memorex 4x-12x
> doesn't generate any error messages until I try to mount it.  Memorex 1x-4x
> media works fine.  I even tried speed=4 with cdrecord when using the high
> speed media, but it fails in same fashion.

This problem is either caused by bad media, bad firmware in your drive
or by an OS that modifies SCSI commands before sending them to the drive.

....Of course, yout should also check whether the FreeBSD version you are using
includes the bug that hides SCSI error codes from the application.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/