Re: Bitsetting for LG GSA-41XXB drives

Ville Syrjälä wrote:

You can change booktype for DVD+R or DVD+R DL discs. For DVD+R discs you can choose DVD+R or DVD-ROM booktype and for DL discs you can choose DVD+R DL or DVD-ROM booktype. Those restrictions were present in the Windows utility source. I haven't tested what will happen if you try to tell the drive to use some other booktype. Unfortunately you can't change the booktype for DVD+RW discs.

The drive ignores you without even throwing a CHECK CONDITION...
at least last time I tried it, it didn't complain.

I've only tested it on my 4163B (firmware A102 and A103). I don't know if it will work on 4120B or 4160B since I could not find any definitive information about their bitsetting capabilities.

LG 4120B -> same as LG 4163B

genuine: LG 4160B  -> none. DVD+R DL is always set to DVD-ROM
                           DVD+R is never set to DVD-ROM
                     This behaviour cannot be influenced

4120B flashed to 4160B -> same as genuine 4120B.

This suggests that the limitation of the LG 4160B comes from
the EEPROM and not from the firmware.

Alex