Re: cdrecord on linux 2.6.x x > 2.6.8

Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Hi,

since Linus's changes to the 2.6.8.1 kernel cdrecord doesn't work
anymore when used by a non-root user even if its permissions are
set SUID root.
Does anybody know about patches to cdrecord and/or the kernel source
to make this possible again? I do need the recent kernel (currently
2.6.11).

No. But "the other" solutions works flawlessly (for me).
ssh root@localhost
<...>

(I haven't use sudo, so i don't know if it is also a solution)