Re: Speed problems with PX-716A

Roberto Sebastiano wrote:

I sent two mails in the past on this list about recording speed
problems.

I repost it here ..

Hi,
I have a NEC 3500 Dvd Writer.
I have problems with the recording speed.
I tried two different brand of dvd-r (one from princo that is certified
for 4x recording, and one from philips that is certified for 8x), but
cdrecord-ProDVD always writes the DVDs at 6x speed.

Here is the output of the program; tell me if I can supply additional
debugging data.

newdeal:/pub/temp# cdrecord-dvd -dev=/dev/hdc -speed=4 -dao -data
data.iso Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01.01a01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Unlocked features: ProDVD Clone Limited features: This copy of cdrecord is licensed for:
private/research/educational_non-commercial_use
cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.10
cdrecord-ProDVD: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord-ProDVD: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4
or Solaris.
Have you tried open source CD/DVD burning programs? This one clearly states that it has not completed upgrading to support the 2.6 kernel (unsettled issues) and something with source available will be easier to debug.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time