Re: Speed problems with PX-716A

Zeb <zeb@zebulon.org.uk> wrote:

> BTW, PX-712 and 716 are wonderful drives. They offer the possibility to
> detect C1/C2 errors for CD-Rs, and PIO/PI/TA for DVDs to check burning
> quality. Reverse engineering would be very useful because it seems
> Plextor does not give any technical information about this.
> Alexander Noe has begun some work, using Bushound, to detect the
> commands, but he only writes Windows software, as far as I know
> (pxview/pxscan). You may contact him if you want to bring better support
> for these drives, he is very keen to share data.
> He sent me some code he uses for pxscan, I will ask him if I can spread it.

All known, but there is OpenSolaris that takes useful time and there are
people like you and the Linux kernel maintainers who steal my time.

Wouldn't it be much more polite to just tell us what you like instead of
starting a useless thread on an unmaintained patch on cdrrecord?

I am in contact with Alexander and I already have code and I already did
integrate GigaRec into cdrecord. Support for other Plextor specific
features in in the queue for a long time and will definitely appear soon.

If people would _help_ with my projects instead of starting flame wars,
things could look different. But unfortunately today, people just sit and
wait for new OS software to arrive for them instead of understaning the
Open Source model and helping with what they can do.
There is a lot of work to do and people (even those who are unable to program)
could help alot if they just like.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling