Re: growisofs lockup if /dev/hdc

I am having problem when using growisofs.

I have owned a IDE dvd burner with no-patch kernel 2.4.28.  And if I use
ide-scsi with growisofs, everything will run fine... e.g.

growisofs -M /dev/scd0 -r -J <some dir>

But if I use ide-cd with growisofs, mouse and keyboard will be no response
but writing operation could still be proceed until 100% finish.  But the
keyboard and mouse never response again.
e.g.

growisofs -M /dev/hdc -r -J <some dir>
mouse and keyboard will not get response when the writing process start. But whole system could still go on.

I am having the same problem if I use cdrdao but *not cdrecord* (cdrtool).
 I have no idea about the problem and don't know how to fix it.  And it
didn't show any hint in debug syslog.  Could someone direct me to slove
the problem?

What problem:-) You maintain yourself that you have working set-up with ide-scsi, so why would ask for more? Goal was never to make things work in *every* possible configuration [at any cost], so just stick to one that is working/recommended. ide-scsi is the way to go under 2.4.x and ide-cd - under 2.6.x... A.