Re: DVD+R burning problem (other media okay)

> > I did some more testing on windows using the supplied burning
> > software and it made a bad disk, so I'm starting to think it's
> > the burner at this point.
>
> Sony is known to be picky about media. I won't be surpised if you will
> eventually find DVD+R media brand, which would work with your unit. If
> not, it's most likely hardware deficiency and you should ask for
> replacement. A.

Thanks for the response, Andy.  If I were sure it was a media incompatability,
I could live with it--DVD-R is plenty good and I don't need the 16x burning.
And I was hoping the second media would be a good proof (either pro or con)
that media was the issue.  Since they both didn't burn right, shall I try
again (if so, what brand of media should I use?) or should I try to get a
replacement--for which I have to find a 2k or XP box and duplicate the error.
*sigh*

Thanks, again, Andy.

Cheers,
David