Re: c2scan of DVDs??

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 01:54, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> The feature is not called c2scan but PI/PO scan and is absolutely no
> standard. Is is completely based on proprietary commands and the fact
> that it is possible for Plextor drives is a result of reverse
> engineering.

If I am not wrong, Lite-On was the first one to implement PI/PO scan.
However, little does it matter. This feature is necessary to start
working on environments other than just Windows.

> As Plextor is the only company that includes a reliable
> way to check the errors,

Yet, I cannot understand why it is Plextor specifically the only one
that includes a reliable way. Plextor first supported it on the 712
model. Other recorder drives support this feature months before Plextor
implemented it.

--
Kyritsis Athanasios <djart at linux.gr>

- What's your ONE purpose in life ?