Re: Contribution to dvd+rw-tools

Andy Polyakov wrote:
Before I forget - I require to check how much used/free storage space there is on a DVD disc.  Is there any utility that already exists and can report that number (say, in sectors or bytes) simply without the need to parse complete output from dvd+rw-mediainfo and figure out track info (etc...)?

No. But it might worth throwing extra line to dvd+rw-mediainfo output... Something to consider for next update:-) A.

Sounds great,

Thanks for your consideration.

I suppose that simple "--used" and "--free" command line parameters could be added to dvd+rw-mediainfo so it would return the current 'used' and 'free' space (respectively) on the DVD disc in the drive?

Cheers,

--
Jeannot Langlois - Signature Jeannot Langlois
B. Sc.  Computer Science / B. Sc.  Informatique

Looking for a Software Developer in Ottawa, Gatineau, Hull, Sherbrooke or Quebec city (Canada)?
Look no further.
You've just found what you were looking for.

LINUX... SOFTWARE... PROJECTS...

15 rock-solid years in Computer Science.
Always ready for challenges.
Perseverant.
Team spirit.
Autonomous.

One name:  Jeannot Langlois.

------

Vous cherchez un Programmeur-Analyste pour Ottawa, Gatineau, Hull, Sherbrooke ou la ville de Quebec (Canada)?
Ne cherchez plus.
Vous venez de trouver.

LINUX... LOGICIELS... PROJETS...

15 annees solides en Informatique.