Re: Fuji Film DVD's don't work with growisofs and sony dru500

>  >> Having some problems burning a video DVD+R disk. The information
>  >> is below on what happened. Is there anything else I can try before
>  >> trying a different brand?
>
>  Andy> Hardly. Given the provided information there is a chance that
>  Andy> your unit is broken and you might have to ask for replacement.
>  Andy> Point is that ...
>
> I hope that is not broken. Just checked and the warranty ran out 3
> months ago :-(.
>
> Anyway I upgraded the firmware. ... with the new update
> dvd+rw-mediainfo now gives info on the recorded disk!!!

Wow! Least expected... Is media playable in legacy units? Just
wondering...

> The disk works fine with xine now. Correct me if I'm wrong but
> according to the above information I need to finalize the disk? What
> is the best way to finalize a disk?
>
> Would "growisofs -M /dev/scd0=/dev/zero" be the best way? Could add
> additional material to the disk since it is open?

It's totally up to you. Either would do the job. growisofs doesn't let
you just close the media without filling it up, because DVD-ROM
compatibility of such media would be permanently limited (see
dvd+rw-tools page for details). You either have to close first session
with -dvd-compat option or fill the media up if you've missed
-dvd-compat in first place. A.